Weekend trip OFD by Kim

5th - 7th October 2018

This was my first caving weekend and I can say I discovered a lot of things I like about caving. I loved the traversing and climbing parts and I also really liked the squeezing. The stream was also great, but I could be biased because of Lisa's and Issam's unnatural desire to jump and splash in ice cold water.



But I think the most important thing I discovered about caving is the fact that cavers are very weird people. Except for the music, the drive to the hut was quite normal. But the moment we got into the hut, cavers see every little hole as an opportunity. I had never seen how furniture could be used in so many different ways. Cavers have a great desire for squeezing themselves through small holes, this became even more clear when they found a squeezing machine. Also, when the amount of alcohol in a caver becomes high, the more they feel they are able to get through it and the more they get stuck.

The first 10 minutes I watched this spectacle with unbelief, but 5 minutes later, I found myself in the squeezing machine. So I think I gradually am turning into a caver myself.

xoxo Kim


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notts 2

Mallorca Trip - 16th-30th April 2011 - Part 1

Alum Pot SRT Training/Photography Trip